DONE WITH A ROCKY-MOUNTAIN TRIP
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (10-6-2-0), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, played three games in Colorado last week and earned a win on Friday night against the Eagles. Greenville’s 1-2-0-0 record was the first time the team has posted a sub-500 week all year. A close 3-1 finish on Wednesday featured Dawson Leedahl’s seventh goal of the season. The rookie is fourth among first-year skaters with 17 points (7G, 10A).
Friday, the Swamp Rabbits opened the scoring from the blue line. Brenden Kotyk and Sergey Zborovskiy each recorded goals in the first period and Caleb Herbert would add another just before the halfway point of the game. Colorado rallied to force overtime with 52 shots in the game, but goaltender Ty Rimmer held on for the victory in net with 49 saves. Joe Basaraba scored the game-winning goal in overtime, connecting with Branden Troock for his second assist of the game. Saturday night, forward Nick Betz recorded the Swamp Rabbits lone goal on the power play.
Caleb Herbert – 3 GP | 3 PTS (1G, 2A)
The league’s leading scorer added three more points to his totals this week, recording a goal and adding two more assists. Herbert’s insurance goal on Friday night became a necessity in the third period as Greenville won 4-3 in overtime. The Swamp Rabbits winger ended his franchise record point streak (17 games) on Saturday night and has recorded 28 points (11G, 17A) in 18 games this season. The Bloomington, Minnesota native is also second in the ECHL with a plus 14 rating. Herbert enters the week with a league leading, eight-game point streak on home ice.
- With Nick Betz and Brock Beukeboom earning assists on Friday, every Swamp Rabbits skater has earned at least one point this season.
- Caleb Herbert and Allan McPherson continue to rank first and second in the ECHL’s scoring race with 28 (11G, 17A) and 26 points (8G, 18A) respectively.
- Goaltender Ty Rimmer made 75 saves this week for a .933 save percentage.
- The Swamp Rabbits are 2-2-0-0 against Western Conference teams, with three more non-conference games this year.
- Branden Troock enters the week with a three-game goal streak on home ice.
- Greenville’s game on Thursday is the only home contest against the Florida Everblades this season. The teams will meet six more times this year in Estero, Florida.
- Thursday, Nov 30 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Everblades | 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec 1 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Solar Bears | 7:30 p.m.
- Sing-for-Santa returns to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena and there is still time to register your group to sing! Bon Secours Family Fun Packs are also available for the game. While supplies last, get a limited edition Swamp Rabbits goal horn ornament with your package of four tickets and meals for just $60. Don’t wait to get this exclusive offer, only available through the Swamp Rabbits office, before we run out! For information on Sing for Santa and how to sign up, click here.
- Listen | Watch
- Sunday, Dec 3 | Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays | 3:05 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (14-2-1-1) = 30 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (10-3-2-1) = 23 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (10-6-2-0) = 22 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (10-6-1-1) = 22 PTS
- Orlando Solar Bears (6-8-3-0) = 15 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (5-13-1-0) = 11 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (3-11-1-0) = 7 PTS
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team’s official Facebook and Twitter pages. Download the Swamp Rabbits app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for up to date information right in the palm of your hand.
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!