ROAD TRIP ROLLIN’
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (7-3-1-0), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, extended a league leading six-game win streak with a pair of victories in Orlando, Florida. Greenville dominated it’s Tuesday night game against the Solar Bears. The 7-2 finish featured three-point efforts from Branden Troock and Caleb Herbert. After trailing 2-1 in the first period, the Swamp Rabbits netted six unanswered goals to extend the team’s winning streak. Goaltender Brandon Halverson earned his second straight win while tying a career record, making 43 saves.
Thursday morning marked the second early start for Greenville this season. For the fifth consecutive game, Greenville would come back from a deficit as the Swamp Rabbits overcame a 3-0 hole. Rookies Dawson Leedahl and Sergey Zborovskiy helped power the comeback along with a game-tying goal from Joe Basaraba in the third period. All three goals were scored on the man advantage as Greenville’s second ranked power play went 3-for-9. Overtime was needed to decide the game and Adam Chapie didn’t disappoint with his team leading eighth goal of the season and second game-winning tally this year. Netminder Ty Rimmer made 41 saves in goal to notch his fourth consecutive win.
Caleb Herbert – 2 GP | 5 PTS (1G, 4A)
The Swamp Rabbits center has found the scoresheet in all 11 games this season and turned in more points than any other skater in Week 5. Herbert is second on the active roster with 16 points (5G, 11A) this season and holds the ECHL’s longest active point streak. The 6-foot, 195-pound forward tied the Swamp Rabbits longest point-scoring streak of the 2016-17 season set by Brandon Alderson. The Bloomington, Minnesota native has recorded 66 points (38G, 28A) in 81 career ECHL games.
- Adam Chapie earned his second career call up on Friday. The second-year pro earned 17 points (8G, 9A) in 11 games and was the second ranked point producer in the ECHL at the time of his call up.
- The Swamp Rabbits have scored 16 goals on the man advantage, and own the ECHL’s second best power play (28.6%). Last week, Greenville went 3-for-10 (30.0%) with the man-advantage.
- Greenville’s goaltenders Brandon Halverson and Ty Rimmer finished the week with a combined 2-0-0-0 record, 84 saves, 2.48 goals against average, and .944 save percentage.
- The Swamp Rabbits are the top offense in the ECHL, averaging 4.64 goals per game.
- Wednesday, November 15 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Gladiators | 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, November 17 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Solar Bears | 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 18 | Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays | 7:05 p.m.
- Sunday, November 19 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Solar Bears | 3:00 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (10-2-0-1) = 21 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (7-1-2-0) = 16 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (7-3-1-0) = 15 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (7-4-0-1) = 15 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (3-9-1-0) = 7 PTS
- Orlando Solar Bears (2-6-2-0) = 6 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (1-6-1-0) = 3 PTS
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team’s official Facebook and Twitter pages. Download the Swamp Rabbits app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for up to date information right in the palm of your hand.
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 season tickets and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!