BRINGING BACK POINTS
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (2-3-1-0), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, earned two points against the Manchester Monarchs this weekend, splitting a pair of games in New Hampshire. Goaltenders Brandon Halverson and Ty Rimmer were tested all weekend, as the Monarchs fired a combined 99 shots on the net in the two games. Dawson Leedahl led the way on offense as the rookie has now earned six points (2G, 4A) in the last four games. Thirteen of the 17 Swamp Rabbits skaters earned a point over the weekend and Curt Gogol was the only player to record a multi-point night. Austin McKay helped the Swamp Rabbits grab Saturday’s 4-1 win, netting the first game-winning goal of his career during the third period.
Ty Rimmer 1 GP | 1-0-0-0 (1GA, .980 SV%)
The Swamp Rabbits fifth-year goaltender was stellar on Saturday night in Manchester. Rimmer made 50 saves on 51 shots and helped the Swamp Rabbits steal a 4-1 win against the Monarchs. The Edmonton, Alberta native set a career record for most saves in a single game. It was Rimmer’s third outing with Greenville, who acquired the goaltender from the Kansas City Mavericks just prior to the start of the season. The 6-foot-1 netminder has already made 93 saves and ranks 13th in the ECHL with a .921 save percentage.
- Forward Caleb Herbert is the only Greenville skater with at least a point in every game this year, totaling eight points (2G, 6A) in six games.
- The Swamp Rabbits are 9-for-33 (27.3%) on the man advantage and rank second in the ECHL.
- Allan McPherson played in his 200th pro hockey game on Friday night.
- Ty Rimmer is the first Greenville goalie to earn a 50-save win. The last time a Swamp Rabbits goaltender made 50 saves was on Nov. 7, 2013 (Jeff Malcolm – 52 saves).
- Wednesday, November 1 | Elementary Education Day Game | 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, November 3 | Brick-by-Brick Night | 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 4 | Outdoors / Scout Night | 7 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (6-1-0-0) = 12 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (4-0-0-0) = 8 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (3-4-0-0) = 6 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (2-3-1-0) = 5 PT
- Orlando Solar Bears (2-3-0-0) = 4 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (2-5-0-0) = 4 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (0-1-1-0) = 1 PT
CLEAR BAG POLICY: The Bon Secours Wellness Arena will be implementing a clear bag policy for all events. Each ticketed guest will be permitted to carry one large clear bag, either a Ziploc style bag or a 12”x6”x12” clear bag, plus a small clutch purse (4.5”x6.5”). For more information on the policy, click here.
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team’s official Facebook and Twitter pages. Download the Swamp Rabbits app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for up to date information right in the palm of your hand.
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 season tickets and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!