THE STINGY SOUTH
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (23-38-7-1), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, went on the road to Florida for three games against the Florida Everblades and Orlando Solar Bears. Goaltenders Chris Nell and Ty Rimmer were active in their starts combining for 122 saves in three games. Friday night, the club had its most productive offensive night, netting three goals against the Everblades. Matt Prapavessis, Wade Murphy, and Evan Jasper each tallied goals in the game as the team rallied for late goals. The team finished the game 2-for-5 on the power play but fell to Florida 5-3 at Germain Arena.
Chris Nell – 2 GP | 81 Saves, .910 Save%
The rookie goaltender made his Swamp Rabbits debut on Wednesday against the Everblades and set a career-record with 40 saves. Three nights later, Nell bested himself with a 41-save outing against the Orlando Solar Bears. The netminder held the club close in both games but ultimately suffered a pair of losses. The Bowling Green State University alum played the 33rd game of his career on Saturday in Orlando.
- Evan Jasper became just the third rookie in team history to reach 50 points (21G, 29A).
- Ty Rimmer is the first goaltender in franchise history to make over 1,200 saves in a season.
- The Swamp Rabbits net two power play goals on Friday to improve their road power play record to fourth in the league (27-for-141 | 19.1%).
- Joe Basaraba is one point from tying his point production from last season and has missed just one game in the last two years.
- Johno May has tied his NCAA output in 2017-18 in just five pro games, netting a goal and adding four assists.
- The Swamp Rabbits end the year in Atlanta on Saturday for the third consecutive season.
- Thursday, Apr. 5 | Free Kids Thursday | 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, Apr. 6 | Fan Appreciation Night | 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Mar. 31 | Swamp Rabbits @ Gladiators | 7:05 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- x – Florida Everblades (49-13-2-4) = 104 PTS
- x – South Carolina Stingrays (45-16-6-1) = 97 PTS
- x – Orlando Solar Bears (33-28-6-3) = 75 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (31-34-2-3) = 67 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (26-36-4-3) = 59 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (26-37-6-1) = 59 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (23-38-7-1) = 54 PTS
x – clinched playoff position
y – clinched South Division
z – Regular Season Champion
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!