BREAK OUT THE BROOM
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (23-35-7-1), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, picked up a weekend sweep of the Jacksonville Icemen (25-34-4-3) on home ice. Greenville’s offense on Friday night was powered by the club’s rookies. Spencer Dorowicz and Johno May notched their first pro goals on Friday night along with Evan Jasper who began a four-point weekend with a goal and an assist. Ty Rimmer helped fend off the Icemen’s late charge and ended the game with 26 saves and the win. Saturday night, the team posted two goals in the first seven minutes of the game. Sean Flanagan and Jasper pushed the team ahead but JT Henke had the final tally in the third to seal another 3-2 win. Once again Rimmer earned a win with 35 saves.
Johno May – 2 GP | 4 PTS (1G, 3A), +4, 4 Shots
The rookie turned in a dazzling start to his professional career this weekend. May notched a game-winning goal on Friday night while making his pro debut, becoming the first player in team history to accomplish the feat. The following night, the 6-foot-5 skater from Mahtomedi, Minnesota assisted on all three Swamp Rabbits goals. May finished his senior season at American International College this season, netting 22 goals and adding 38 assists in 143 games with the Yellow Jackets.
- Four skaters made their pro debut last week (Johno May, Spencer Dorowicz, Robert Powers, and Timmy Moore).
- Evan Jasper overtook Caleb Herbert for the team lead in scoring with 48 points (20G, 28A). Jasper has earned 10 points (4G, 6A) in the last eight games and earned his 50th career point
- Forwards Ryan Ferrill and Guillaume Naud were released from the team on Sunday.
- Ty Rimmer is one win away from ranking fifth in Greenville history with 15 wins in net.
- With six more points, Evan Jasper would become the highest scoring rookie in franchise history, passing Marc-Olivier Vallerand who earned 53 points (28G, 25A) in his first season.
- Wednesday, Mar. 28 | Swamp Rabbits @ Everblades | 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Mar. 30 | Swamp Rabbits @ Everblades | 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Mar. 31 | Swamp Rabbits @ Solar Bears | 7:00 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- x – Florida Everblades (46-13-2-4) = 98 PTS
- x – South Carolina Stingrays (43-15-6-1) = 93 PTS
- x – Orlando Solar Bears (31-28-6-3) = 71 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (31-32-2-3) = 67 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (25-34-4-3) = 57 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (25-36-6-1) = 57 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (23-35-7-1) = 54 PTS
x – clinched playoff position
y – clinched South Division
z – Regular Season Champion
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!