TIME FOR OVERTIME
The Swamp Rabbits latest week featured four games and a road trip to the Central Division to meet the Fort Wayne Komets and the Toledo Walleye. On Tuesday night Joe Basaraba and Evan Jasper tallied goals in the first period while Garret Clemment net his first of two goals in the week in the third period. Greenville opened the scoring 44 seconds into the game, but the Atlanta Gladiators rode a four-goal first period to a 6-3 win. Friday night, Austin McKay helped Greenville to a 1-1 tie out of the first period with his ninth goal of the season. Fort Wayne took the lead thanks to a 21 shot second period.
The rematch with Greenville and Fort Wayne one night later eventually required overtime. Clemment picked up his second of the weekend to tie the Komets in the first period while Sean Flanagan potted his second of the season. Both power play goals put Greenville ahead of Fort Wayne 2-1 at the break. The Komets rallied for a second period goal and finished the night with a goal three minutes into overtime. The team picked up and moved to Toledo for a Sunday evening game where Shane Walsh and Carter Sandlak put Greenville ahead 2-1 in the first period. Toledo shut it down in the second and third and rallied for four goals including a pair of power play tallies.
Goaltender Ty Rimmer appeared in all four games for Greenville, ending the week with 103 saves. Greg Dodds entered Tuesday’s game in relief and started Saturday night’s contest in Fort Wayne before exiting with an injury. In 46 minutes of work this week, the netminder made 22 saves on 24 shots.
Shane Walsh – 4 GP | 4 PTS (1G, 3A), 9 Shots
The second-year pro collected four points in four games, earning his second multi-point effort on Tuesday night against the Atlanta Gladiators. The West Roxbury, Massachusetts native notched his fourth goal of the season on Sunday in Toledo to open the scoring, giving him 11 points (3G, 8A) in the last 13 games. Walsh joined the Swamp Rabbits 20 games ago and has earned 14 points (4G, 10A) since the acquisition from the Cincinnati Cyclones. The UMass-Amherst alum played his 100th career game on Friday night in Fort Wayne.
- Forward Austin McKay played his 100th pro game on Sunday in Toledo.
- Defenseman Tyler Ganly made his Swamp Rabbits debut on Friday night but was reassigned to the Charlotte Checkers on Saturday due to an injury to defenseman Jake Chelios.
- Goaltender Ty Rimmer has played in 17 of the Greenville’s last 20 games and is second in the league with 1,077 saves.
- Evan Jasper leads the Swamp Rabbits with 12 points (4G, 8A) on the power play.
- Greenville is 2-1-0-0 against the Everblades this season with four games head-to-head this season.
- Friday, Mar. 2 | Swamp Rabbits @ Everblades | 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Mar. 3 | Swamp Rabbits @ Everblades | 7:00 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (36-12-2-4) = 78 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (35-11-5-1) = 76 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (27-28-1-2) = 57 PTS
- Orlando Solar Bears (25-25-5-1) = 56 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (21-28-4-3) = 49 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (21-29-5-1) = 48 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (20-31-4-1) = 45 PTS
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!