HARD FINISH TO FOUR GAMES
Greenville Swamp Rabbits (20-28-3-1), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, played four games last week and ended in Norfolk, Virginia over the weekend. After dropping a pair of contests to the Gladiators and Monarchs, the Swamp Rabbits posted close contests against the Admirals. Friday night Greenville was able to tie Norfolk in the first period as Austin McKay tallied a power play goal, but the Admirals responded 11 seconds later to regain the lead. Greg Dodds fought off 43 shots in the effort to keep Greenville in the contest however, the Admirals prevailed 3-1 with a late goal.
The following night the pair of South Division rivals traded blows, eventually resulting in a third period tying goal from Joe Basaraba with eight minutes remaining in the game. Greenville was halted by Jamie Murray to only one goal despite a season-high 21 shots on goal in the third period. TJ Melancon potted his second of the night in the final five minutes to seal a 4-3 win for Norfolk. Both Matt Prapavessis and Shane Walsh recorded goals for Greenville in the game while Ty Rimmer ended the contest with 32 saves.
Austin McKay – 3 GP | 3 PTS (2G, 1A), 14 Shots
The rookie center returned to the lineup on Thursday and subsequently earned three points to finish the week. After missing seven games, the Toronto, Ontario native tallied a pair of goals and added an assist. McKay rattled off a career-high six shots on both Friday and Saturday night at the Norfolk Scope. The Lake Superior State University alum tied a career best three-game point streak to achieve 15 points (8G, 7A) this season.
- Swamp Rabbits alum, goaltender Brandon Halverson, made his NHL debut on Saturday night. Halverson logged 12:33 seconds in relief of Henrik Lundquist against the Ottawa Senators and made five saves in net.
- Defensemen Daniel Echeverri and Jake Schultz both earned their first point in the ECHL, earning assists this week.
- Netminder Greg Dodds made his Greenville debut this week, making 63 saves in 92 minutes of play.
- Forward Joe Basaraba reached 15 goals for the second time in his career with a goal in Norfolk.
- Shane Walsh is two games away from his 100th career contest and recorded his 10th career multi-point outing on Saturday night.
- TOMORROW, Feb. 20 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Gladiators | 7:00 p.m.
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Night presented by Michelin offers students the ability to learn more about Michelin’s Technical Scholars Program. It is also a 2-for-$20 Tuesday and enjoy our Hoppy Hour specials, including $3 domestic beer, and select $2 concessions from 5-8 p.m.
- Watch | Listen
- Friday, Feb. 23 | Swamp Rabbits @ Komets | 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 24 | Swamp Rabbits @ Komets | 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 25 | Swamp Rabbits @ Walleye | 5:15 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (35-11-1-4) = 75 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (32-11-5-1) = 70 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (26-26-1-2) = 55 PTS
- Orlando Solar Bears (23-24-5-1) = 52 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (21-26-5-1) = 48 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (20-28-3-1) = 44 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (18-28-4-3) = 43 PTS
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!