TAKING TWO FROM NUMBER ONE
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (20-23-3-1), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, split a pair of games over the weekend with the Florida Everblades (31-9-1-4). Greenville converted on a pair of late goals to solidify a third period comeback on Friday, eventually earning a 4-3 victory in the shootout. Saturday night the Everblades early offense proved too much to overcome. Greenville has won two of the last three contests and are 2-1-0-0 against Florida this season. Goals from Joe Basaraba and Garret Clemment helped pace Greenville in their two games while netminder Ty Rimmer saw all the action in between the pipes.
Ty Rimmer – 2 GP | 2 GP (1-1-0-0), 85 Saves, 3.85 GAA, .914 SV%
The Swamp Rabbits goaltender was a crucial piece of Friday night’s victory over the Florida Everblades. The netminder made 50 saves in the 4-3 shootout victory, including seven saves in overtime. He additionally made four saves on five shots in the skills competition to solidify the win. The Edmonton, Alberta tied his career best with 50 saves and earned his fourth win when facing 50 or more shots on his net. The fifth-year pro is now fifth in the ECHL with 855 saves after making 85 stops over the weekend series with Florida.
- Forward Caleb Herbert and goaltender Ty Rimmer were selected Tuesday afternoon as the 2017-18 ECHL Fantasy Team and Golden Goalie representatives.
- Rookie Garret Clemment scored his first two goals 14 seconds apart during his debut on Friday night.
- On Friday and Saturday, forward Joe Basaraba tallied goals in back-to-back games for the third time this season.
- In three games against the Everblades, Caleb Herbert has recorded five points (2G, 3A).
- Ty Rimmer has made 132 saves in three games versus the Florida Everblades (2-1-0-0).
- TOMORROW, Feb. 6 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Icemen | 7:00 p.m.
- We are throwing ticket prices back on TOMORROW night. Grab two tickets for $20 and enjoy our Hoppy Hour specials, including $3 domestic beer, and select $2 concessions from 5-8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased before the game through the Swamp Rabbits office or at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena box office.
- Watch | Listen
**Rescheduled Game | Feb. 8 Moved to Feb. 20**
- The Swamp Rabbits home game originally scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 8 has been moved to Tuesday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. The Swamp Rabbits will face the Atlanta Gladiators for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Night presented by Michelin. For more information on the rescheduled contest, visit com.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (31-9-1-4) = 67 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (29-11-4-1) = 63 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (24-23-1-2) = 51 PTS
- Orlando Solar Bears (20-20-5-1) = 46 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (20-23-3-1) = 44 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (17-23-5-1) = 40 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (15-26-3-3) = 36 PTS
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team’s official Facebook and Twitter pages. Download the Swamp Rabbits app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for up to date information right in the palm of your hand.
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!