ALMOST HALFWAY THERE
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (17-15-2-1), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, played their 35th game of the season last week and have nearly surpassed the halfway point of the 72 game regular season. Currently Greenville sits in third place in the South Division with Florida and South Carolina ahead in the standings. On the heels of the Swamp Rabbits are the Orlando Solar Bears and Atlanta Gladiators. Both Norfolk and Jacksonville, who are at the bottom of the division, remain in striking distance of the Swamp Rabbits with only 14 points separating Greenville and Jacksonville.
The Swamp Rabbits earned a 5-3 victory over Atlanta on Friday backed by a career performance by Evan Jasper and 21 saves by Brandon Halverson. Atlanta rebounded the following night in Greenville to take a 3-0 victory and the first career shutout for netminder Sean Bonar. Sunday afternoon, Carter Sandlak and Jack Nevins put Greenville up 2-0 against Norfolk early, but the lead dwindled in the second and third periods.
Evan Jasper – 3 GP | 4 PTS (2G,2A), 13 Shots
The Swamp Rabbits top rookie earned all his points against the Atlanta Gladiators to lead the team in scoring this week. Jasper has recorded 26 points (10G, 16A) in 30 games during his rookie campaign. The Sacred Heart University alum ranks among the top 10 rookies in the ECHL this season. Jasper is on a four game point streak away from home, earning 10 points (5G, 5A) in that stretch.
- Forward Evan Jasper’s four-point night ties a club record is one of five achieved by a Swamp Rabbits skater this season. Joe Houk and Allan McPherson are the only others to reach the mark.
- Athletic Trainer Matt Aiello was named to the 2018 CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic this week, his first career selection as an All-Star.
- Forward Caleb Herbert returned to the Swamp Rabbits from the Hartford Wolf Pack. His last game with the Swamp Rabbits was on Dec. 16 in Jacksonville, Florida.
- After the weekend, the Swamp Rabbits are 11-9-1-1 against the South Division. Greenville will play the next 14 games against South Division opponents.
- On Friday, Bretton Cameron overtook J. Reynolds for the most PIM in franchise history (264).
- TOMORROW, Jan. 10 | Swamp Rabbits @ Icemen | 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 12 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Solar Bears | 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 6 | Swamp Rabbits @ Gladiators | 7:00 p.m.
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (25-6-1-2) = 53 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (20-8-3-1) = 44 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (17-15-2-1) = 37 PTS
- Orlando Solar Bears (16-16-4-1) = 37 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (16-18-1-2) = 37 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (13-17-2-1) = 29 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (9-19-3-2) = 23 PTS
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team’s official Facebook and Twitter pages. Download the Swamp Rabbits app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for up to date information right in the palm of your hand.
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!