WRAPPING UP 2017
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (16-13-2-1), proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, finished 2017 with a split of games against the Brampton Beast. Greenville held the lead in the second period on Thursday night, netting a pair of tallies on the power play. Goals from Matt Prapavessis and Joe Houk were not enough, however, to hold off Brampton’s three goals surge in the third period, taking the game 4-2. Greenville produced a different result on Friday night. Captain Bretton Cameron returned to the line up on Thursday and tallied three points (2G,1A) in just his second game back off injured reserve. The Swamp Rabbits rallied for a 4-3 victory as Derek Sutliffe and Joe Basaraba also scored goals in the first period. The victory was produced behind a 42-save effort from Brandon Halverson who collected his sixth win in net.
Matt Prapavessis – 2 GP | 4 PTS (1G,3A) +2, 4 Shots
The third-year defenseman notched his first goal of the season and added three assists in a pair of games before the New Year. Prapavessis factored in on both of Greenville’s power play goals on Thursday night. He followed up his two-point evening with his second multi-point game of the year on Friday. The blue-liner from North York, Ontario produced a highlight reel assist in the first period and added a helper on the eventual game-winning goal in the third period. Since returning to the ECHL from Slovakia, the Bemidji State University alum has earned nine points (1G, 8A) in 21 games.
- The Swamp Rabbits power play unit scored three goals on 11 chances this week (27.3%).
- After Evan Jasper’s penalty shot attempt this weekend, Greenville is 1-for-4 on awarded breakaways this season.
- Goaltenders Brandon Halverson and Ty Rimmer combined for 86 saves in two games, (.923 save percentage).
- After missing two games due to an AHL call-up, Branden Troock has returned to the roster.
- The Swamp Rabbits will play seven of the next ten games on home ice with trips to Atlanta and Jacksonville.
- Friday, Jan. 5 | Swamp Rabbits @ Gladiators | 7:35 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 6 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Gladiators | 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 7 | Swamp Rabbits vs. Admirals | 3:00 p.m.
- As a thank you on Nurse’s Appreciation Night, all nurses get $3 off orange level tickets when you show your medical ID at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena Box Office. After the game, join the team on the ice for a free post-game skate (skate rentals available for $3).
- Bon Secours Family Fun Packs offer fans four tickets, four meals and a Swamp Rabbits souvenir for just $60!
- Listen | Watch
SOUTH DIVISION STANDINGS
- Florida Everblades (22-5-1-2) = 47 PTS
- South Carolina Stingrays (19-7-3-1) = 42 PTS
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits (16-13-2-1) = 35 PTS
- Orlando Solar Bears (13-15-4-1) = 31 PTS
- Atlanta Gladiators (14-17-1-1) = 30 PTS
- Norfolk Admirals (11-17-2-1) = 25 PTS
- Jacksonville Icemen (9-15-3-2) = 23 PTS
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team’s official Facebook and Twitter pages. Download the Swamp Rabbits app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for up to date information right in the palm of your hand.
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!