Greenville, SC – The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack, in conjunction with the ECHL are pleased to reveal the full 2017-18 regular season schedule. In addition to playing 36 games in the Upstate, the Swamp Rabbits will hit the ice for 36 games around the country. The Swamp Rabbits are set to open the season on October 13th on the Sandlapper Securities Rink against the Wheeling Nailers and end the season on April 7th at the Infinite Energy Arena against the Atlanta Gladiators.
- Greenville plays 65 games against the Eastern Conference (35 Home, 30 Away).
- South Division – 28 Home, 27 Away
- North Division – 7 Home, 3 Away
- The remaining seven games on the schedule will be played against the Western Conference.
- Central Division – 0 Home, 3 Away
- Mountain Division – 1 Home, 3 Away
- The Swamp Rabbits play games across nine different states this season.
- South Carolina – 41 (36 Home Games, 5 @ Stingrays)
- Florida – 14 (6 @ Everblades, 5 @ Icemen, 3 @ Solar Bears)
- Georgia – 4
- Virginia – 4
- Colorado – 3
- New Hampshire – 2
- Indiana – 2
- New York – 1
- Ohio – 1
VERSUS THE SOUTH DIVISION
- The Swamp Rabbits played 58 games against the South Division in 2016-17 and ended the year 29-23-5-1.
- Greenville will split home and away games with the Jacksonville Icemen (5 Home, 5 Away).
- Germain Arena will host the Swamp Rabbits more than any other South Division arena in 2017-18 (6 Games).
- For the third straight year, Greenville will play the South Carolina Stingrays more than any ECHL team.
- For the fourth straight season, the Swamp Rabbits will end the regular season against the Atlanta Gladiators.
VERSUS THE NORTH DIVISION
- The Swamp Rabbits were a perfect 7-0 against teams from the North Division last season.
- The last trip to play the Adirondack Thunder was in 2015-16 and the Swamp Rabbits split the two-game series.
- Greenville will face the Brampton Beast for the first time since February 28, 2016.
VERSUS THE CENTRAL DIVISION
- The Swamp Rabbits played seven games against Central Division teams and ended the 2016-17 season with a 4-3-0-0 record.
- For the first time since November 22, 2014, Greenville will visit the Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, IN.
VERSUS THE MOUNTAIN DIVISION
- The Swamp Rabbits have not faced a Mountain Division team since January 14, 2016 when they took on the Alaska Aces in Greenville.
- Greenville will play more games against Mountain Division teams this season than any other campaign in franchise history.
- The Swamp Rabbits will play their farthest game away from home this year when they travel to Loveland, CO.
RUN WITH THE RABBITS 5K
The Swamp Rabbits have partnered with the annual Mountains To Main Street Race Festival. Register for the “Run with the Rabbits 5K” held this Saturday, May 20th and join the fundraising efforts through Swim and Bike and Run Charities. Funds from the 5k, as well as a half marathon and 1K fun run, will be allocated to local health, fitness, active lifestyle non-profit groups and recreational venues in the Upstate. Head to The Mountains To Main Street registration site to participate in the Run with the Rabbits 5k!
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team’s official Facebook and Twitter pages. Download the Swamp Rabbits app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for up to date information right in the palm of your hand.
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK (7825) for information on 2017-18 season tickets and to secure your seats today! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear by visiting the “Hop Shop” online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!